NATIONAL LEVEL CLASSIFICATION OPPORTUNITY - Physical Impairment
- Date: Saturday 28 October, 2017
- Venue: Northern Athletics Centre, St Leonard's, Launceston TAS
- Competition: Held in conjunction with the Tasmanian All Schools Track & Field Competition
Registrations close on Monday 16 October 2017
Who can apply for a classification?
This form is for athletes with a physical impairment only, however, any athlete with a disability can apply to receive a classification. There are five national bodies that conduct athlete classifications for Athletics;
If you are wishing to obtain a classification for an impairment group other than physical impairment please follow this link to the 'Get Classified' page on the Athletics Australia website for more information of your classification process.
Registration for classification is required in advance and limited places are available. If there is strong demand, preference will be given to athletes who will be competing in the Tasmanian School Sport Primary/Secondary Track & Field Championships.
Please complete this REGISTRATION FORM to be considered for classification.
- Cost: There is no cost to register or to attend a classification appointment.
- Appointment Day/Time: Appointments will be scheduled on the available day. Appointments are generally between 45-60 minutes in length. You will have the ability to select your time preferences as part of this registration form.
- Do I need to supply anything else?
Athletes must provide a copy of a letter from their medical specialist (e.g. neurologist, rehabilitation specialist, orthopedic specialist) stating and outlining their diagnosis in addition to completing this form. Further details will be provided upon completion of this form.
- What happens next?
Athletics Tasmania will contact athletes who register for classification and will allocate an appointment time slot for the available day. If the opportunity is full, athletes will be informed they are placed on a waiting list and be able to attend the next available classification.
For further information please contact the Athletics Tasmania Para-athletics Coordinator, Hannah Ibbott, on 03 6234 9551 or email email@example.com