All coaches who successfully complete an accredited Level 1 Community Athletics Coach course receive membership with Athletics Australia and Athletics Tasmania. Current members with an active coaching accreditation receive the following benefits:
· Accreditation with the Australian Sports Commission, Athletics Australia and Athletics Tasmania through the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme;
· Eligibility to attend higher level Accredited Courses;
· Public Liability insurance up to $20,000,000 for any one occurrence;
· Products Liability insurance up to $20,000,000 for any one insurance period;
· Professional Indemnity insurance up to $5,000,000 for any one period of insurance;
· Personal Injury insurance;
· A Coaching Accreditation Card mailed to you;
· Our monthly Coaches Newsletter emailed to you;
· Our quarterly Athletics Coach Magazine emailed to you;
· Access to coaching resources and technical support from Athletics Australia;
· An individual editable entry on Athletics Australia’s searchable iCoach database;
· Discounts on selected Athletics events;
· Free entry to the annual Coaches' Breakfast;
· Access to the Accredited Athletics Coach Resource Database;
· Free entry to selected council owned facilities to deliver training sessions;
· Eligibility to attend professional development opportunities offered by Athletics Australia and Athletics Tasmania;
· Access to mentor coaches where available via the National Coach Mentor Database;
· Eligibility to be selected as a coach on an Australian national team or on an Athletics Tasmania representative team.
For more information regarding the coaching insurance policy click here.
Any coaching membership inquiries should be directed to Blair Taylor via email or by calling 03 8646 4580.